Higher National Certificate in Web Design
This intensive one-year programme aims to provide students with an internationally recognised professional level qualification in web design. The course is designed to teach students how to build, optimise and manage professional quality websites for themselves as well as preparing for employment in the interactive media sector.
This unique hands-on programme combines technical web development & programming skills with multimedia design skills. Students will learn both front end design and back end development tools for multimedia projects. The course does not require previous design or programming experience but students are expected to have a solid understanding of using common packages like Word and Excel.
Starting Dates & Format
Course Duration: 1 YearCourse Type: Full Time or Part Time Day or Evening CourseNow enrolling for October 2018.
Please see our Timetable & Fees Page for more details
The Higher National Certificate in Web Design teaches students how to design, build, maintain, develop, modify and optimise complex database driven websites. The course is designed to give students more advanced skills than most webmaster courses. The programme will help you expand your career options by:
- Providing you with an excellent grounding in web theory and practice.
- Providing you with a portfolio of technical skills that will allow you to work effectively as a professional and adapt to the changing needs of industry.
- Equipping you with a knowledge and understanding of business and the profession.
- Enabling you to work independently as a self- employed consultant or in-house with a company as web master, web developer or web designer.
- Enabling you to develop a portfolio of transferable personal skills, including organising your own business, communication, problem-solving and team-working.
The Course covers 8 units as detailed below:
3. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and social media
4. Professional Practice
5. Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
6. Web Authoring
7. Interactive Media Presentation
8. Contextual and Cultural Referencing in Web Design
*course content subject to change
On successful completion, students will be awarded the BTEC Higher National Certificate in Interactive Media. This is equivalent to Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications for Ireland.
There are a range of further study options open to students who successfully complete the certificate programme including our Higher National Diploma in Web Design.
All assignment briefs were well planned, clearly written, giving excellent detail as to all requirements of the project. This enables the students to work in a genuinely realistic way and also gives multiple opportunities for the practice of skills through varied complex tasks.
- BTEC External Centre Examiner
There is a well qualified and professionally experienced team, many of whom are practicing designers.
- BTEC External Centre Examiner
I am really enjoying the course and learning far more than I expected.
- Malachy Noble, November 2015
Excellent practical course. Great quality lectures, clear instruction.
- Dean Creevey, November 2015
If you would like more information about this course, please fill the "Request more information" form above.