In this eight-week photography course for beginners, you will learn to get the most from your DSLR camera.
We will look at camera functions and professional workflow methods, looking at composition, light and portraiture to help you learn what makes a great photograph.
This is a practical course where we will look at post-production techniques using industry standard software like Photoshop to perfect your images and build up a solid portfolio of work.
The course covers the following topics:
- Intro to photography
- Understanding your DSLR camera functions
- Light and Exposure
- Understanding shutter speed, aperture, ISO
- Intro to tripods, flash, lenses
- Composition in photography
- Critical thinking in photography
- Intro to abstract photograph
- Post production techniques and work flow (Photoshop)
- Learning to edit and evaluate your work
Starting Date and Format
Course Duration: 8 Weeks
Scheduling: Fridays 10:00am – 4:00pm
Dates: Friday 15 February – Friday 05 April 2019
Please see our Timetable & Fees page for more details
On successful completion, you will be awarded a Dublin Institute of Design Certificate in Digital Photography for Beginners.
Applications are open.
A deposit of €100 (included in the fee) will reserve your place.
As numbers are limited for this course, pre-booking is essential.