This inspiring 8 week course, led by leading stylist Laura Jordan of StyleSavvy.ie, offers a fascinating insight into the world of fashion and style, and covers a wide range of topics, including colour theory, body shape, wardrobe detoxing and accessorising. Make-up, hair and skincare are also covered by a top industry professional.
This course is ideal for those looking to inform themselves on their own Personal Brand and Image or to explore the areas of Personal Shopping and Image Consultancy on a professional basis.
This course is led by leading Irish fashion stylist Laura Jordan of StyleSavvy.ie
Starting Date and Format
Course Duration: 8 Weeks
Modes of Study: Evening Course
Now enrolling for April 2020.
Please see our Timetable & Fees page for more details
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the basic principles of colour theory and analysis
- Determine the cuts and styles that work for different body shapes
- Organise a wardrobe effectively to create a plan and a purpose for shopping
- Create effective capsule wardrobes of co-ordinating separates
- Advise clients on make-up and hair themes to suit individual style, chosen garments and accessories.
- Image and Styling Principles
- Colour Theory; Analysing Skin Tone and Understanding Trends
- Body Shape, Measuring and Fitting
- Wardrobe Detoxing
- Capsule Wardrobe Planning
- How to Conduct Shopping Trips with Clients
- Accessorising like a Pro
- Make-Up and Hair: The tips and tricks of everyday grooming from a top Irish industry professional
Upon successful completion, participants will be awarded a Dublin Institute of Design Certificate in Personal Shopping and Image Consultancy.
Each week was different always something to look forward to. I enjoyed the experience of being in this establishment. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and the content.
- Lisa Kavanagh
I was very pleased with the quality of the course and this is down to Laura’s professionalism and knowledge. I was delighted I chose to study at Dublin Institute of Design!
- Áine Breathnach
I have thoroughly enjoyed the course. I’ve found Laura to be extremely helpful. I love her honest and down to earth approach and to me the course is pitched at the right level.
- Bernadette Ardiff
I really enjoyed the course and have learned more than I expected. I found the tutor to be approachable, very helpful and professional. All in all a good experience.
- Anne O'Brien
I really liked the enjoyed the course. It was a fantastic experience and I would definitely recommend the course. I wish there was an advanced course..
- Bronwyn Siwale
I would definitely recommend this school and course to anyone. I really enjoyed it and loved every minute.
- Mairead Vickers
If you would like more information about this course, please fill the "Request more information" request form above.
As numbers are limited for this course, pre-booking is essential.